Blog Moderation Policy
We welcome your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
We want to publish your comments, but we expect conversations to follow the conventions of polite discourse.
Therefore, we won’t post comments that:
- contain abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language
- include defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful remarks or make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organizations
- constitute spam, promote services or products
- invade anyone's privacy or impersonates anyone
- are far off-topic
- encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- contain long embedded URLs
- contain excessive links or contain code
identify any publicly-elected representative or candidate regardless of their political affiliation, whether those comments are supportive or critical
are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
We don’t edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that your comment contains none of the above.
Reporters are asked to send questions through their normal channels. Questions from reporters will not be posted.
Your comments are welcome at any time – the blog is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, given the need to manage provincial resources, moderating and posting of comments will generally occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as early as possible the next business day.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or e-mail addresses in the body of your comment.
If you have questions about this moderation policy or how we apply it, please contact us at email@example.com.